For Scuba, Snorkeling, Mountain Biking and Surfing adventures go to Aquatica . Aguatica is located on Rt110, past the Econo grocery store toward the airport. It is a large building on the right. Not only do they do all active adventures they have a great store and tantalizing souvenirs and the owners know everything about the waters in our area. Visit or call to book an adventure – 787-890-6071 or write to email@example.com.
For Tropical Trail Rides horseback riding information and excursion reservations, call 787-872-9256 or visit www.tropicaltrailrides.com. The ranch is a 4 minute walk from Villa Tropical.
To schedule a massage, on your deck if you desire, Call Rosie Dias (Licensed) at 787-431-0497.
For Golf – Punta Borinquen Golf Club www.puntaborinquengolfclub.com - One of Eisenhower’s favorites.
P.A.W.S. The Puerto Rican Animal Welfare Society - www.petfinder.com.
Puerto Rico Technical Diving Center, rt 107, Aguadilla, 787-997-DIVE – another great dive team who also coordinate trips to Desecheo Island. www.technicaldivingPR.com.
Villa Tropical is an avid sponsor and participant of Rescate Playas de Isabela Inc., a non-profit community organization committed to conserving the natural wonders of our beaches. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arecibo Observatory - www.naic.edu. A must see for star gazers and movie buffs.
Ola Lola’s Garden Bar, the local hangout is walking distance from Villa Tropical. www.ola-lolas.com. They also have fabulous pictures of the area with Aerial Kite Photography and award winning surf and scuba shots. Ola Lola’s is open Thursday through Monday 3pm – 9pm. Great drinks, great food, great company. Friendliest wave on the Island!
For great information on windsurfing in Puerto Rico, visit www.windsurfingpr.com.
Camuy Caves - www.gotopuertorico.com. Has over 200 caves to explore and guided foot and rafting tours. Cathedral room is remarkable! In Arecibo call 787-898-3100.
Car Rental Services Providers include:
- Allied - 787-890-3010
- Charlie - 787-890-8929
- Dollar Car Rental - 787-890-3352
- USAVE - 1-888-409-7368
- National Car Rental - 787-791-1805
El Rincon Surf/Beach Shop in Ramey Shopping Center - 787-890-3108 – www.elrinconsurfshop.com.
Bamboo Art – beautiful hand painted artwork available one minute walk from Villa Tropical. 787-717-7595. Web Site.
Bye, Bye Brasil - Tropical Ethnic Store 787-890-1006 --- souvenirs/gifts and specialty items beside Ramey Market on 110 near BQN airport.
Mano a Mano – vintage clothing and thrift shop with extraordinary treasures. Rt 110 beside Karambala’s. 787-890-0029.
Banquetes Reinamar – for Food Catering or a personal chef who brings your meals to your door on demand - call Minerva at 939-969-8468 or email email@example.com.
Learn to Kiteboard with www.realkiteboarding.com. REAL Kiteboarding is based in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, widely regarded as the best kiting destination in the world for beginner through advanced riders. Learn the basics here and then hit the waves at Shacks Beach.
SkyDive Puerto Rico - xtreme divers - call Jason Gonzalez @ 787-852-5757
MHL Custom Boards– www.mhlcustom.com modern manufacturing and hands-on craftsmanship – MHL is the premier facility in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean for making surf boards, stand up paddle boards, and kiteboards.
For reliable taxi services to and from SJU or BQN or around the area, call Humberto at (787) 431-8179.
Some Great Local Restaurants:
- 110 Thai – Fresh Thai Food & Microbrews, Rt 110 – 787-890-0113. www.onetenthai.com
- Brisas del Atlantico – on the SW corner of 4455 and 110 – great economical and plentiful buffets daily. Great family place 787-890-1441.
- Cocina Creativa - Good, healthy food. Rt. 110, toward Ramey, just past Super Coop on left. 890-3232, 9-7 exc. 9-5 Sun & Mon
- Cofo’s Pizza – Pizza truck famous for their taste – you’ll see the cars line up – on side of road near Ramey Gate on 110.
- “El Carey Café & Beach Shop – great breakfast and lunch menus, 954-839-8356
- “El Anzuelo- Lunch and dinner, in Villa Pesquera-787-688-1613
- Golden China -787-891-3111, good Chinese food on rt110.
- Happy Belly’s - visit them online. A legend on Jobo’s Beach and great deck views of the surfers. A must visit location.
- Luna Marina Restaurant– seafood, lunch and dinner-787-830-3455
- Oceanfront Restaurant on 4466 toward Jobo’s Beach.-787-872-0444
- Ola Lola’s Garden Bar - www.ola-lolas.com, great food too!
- Pedro’s Pescado Sushi to Go – Best Sushi on the Island – Fri/Sat nights only – 787-872-4716 www.pedrospescado.com.
- Olas y Arena: On beach at Villas del Mar Hau, Montones (east of Jobos).
- Rosalinda’s, Rt 110, great margaritas, 787-890-1055.
- Eclipse: One of the better (and also most expensive) restaurants in the immediate area. Located on beach just west of Villa Tropical. Our guests receive a 10% discount on meals and beverages 787-872-9554.
- Nómadas Restaurant & Bar: (Rt. 110, toward Ramey on the right. 787-890-3256.
- Novecento Italian Bistro, Aguadilla waterfront, 787-882-7475.
- Pizzeria Pellot – Carr #2, Delivers, 787-891-5088.
- Jimmy's Pizza, Rt 110, 1+ mile outside Gate 5, (787) 890-2843.
- Willy’s Coffee Break, (Rt. 110 on side of road).
The Best and closest Grocery Store – Econo Gate 5, Rt 110. Open Mon-Sat 6:30am – 10pm, Sundays 11am – 7pm -www.econogate5.com.
Ramey Food Market, Rt110 at Gate 5 near BQN airport, Mon-Sat 7-9, Sun 7-8, well stocked with essentials, tremendous health food selection and supplements and wine/spirits selections. 787-890-0523.
Upon arrival you will find in your apartment a detailed guide – “Information for tenants of VILLA TROPICAL” which includes everything from things to do to listings of important local numbers for medical attention or where the best secret surf spots are.